Overall Training Aims
[Back to Top]
- To provide students with a competent knowledge and appreciation of the overall structures and business practices of the Film, Television, Digital Media and Animation Industries.
- To introduce students to the operational practices and technical/creative vocational skill requirements of the above Industries.
- To provide students with the practical knowledge, skills and confidence to enable them to successfully take up trainee positions within these Industries and then develop a professional career in their chosen specialist skills.
- To provide students with the knowledge, skills and confidence that will allow them to produce their own, or participate in, the production of film, video, television programmes, digital media and on-screen acting work to a professionally recognised skill level.
- To encourage students to enjoy using their imagination, talents, skills and creativity while experimenting with and exploring the full potential of the communication/craft medium that they will be working with.
Registered as a private training establishment by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority under the provisions of the Education Act 1989 and its subsequent amendments.